DrawGen is a skydive generator for desktop computers.
- Generates skydives for 4-way, 8-way and VFS categories, all drawn from the FAI IPC dive pools (which are used by most countries' skydiving authorities).
- Automatic generation of all categories by substitution. Generates a AAA draw, then removes inappropriate formations, (and adds new to create correct points requirement), to derive AA, A and Rookie dives (similarly for 8-way). Allows teams from lower categories to compare themselves against those above them.
- Manual mode - you can type in your skydive, and it will generate the pictures for you.
- Printing support (including print preview)!
DrawGen is written in Java, so needs the Java runtime environment installed. It's a free download from here: https://www.java.com/en/download/. It will work equally well on a Windows, Mac or Linux box.
Source code is available on GitHub: https://github.com/dseeley/DrawGen
- 25th August 2019 - v2.5: Fix block 13
- 26th April 2019 - v2.4: Updates for Java 11
- 6th April 2019 - v2.3: Updates to 2019 4-way blocks 1 & 13
- 22nd Aug 2018 - v2.2: Bug fixes (not clearing manual draws, not accepting lower-case text.)
- 18th Aug 2018 - v2.1: Fix copyright notice printing.
- 26th Nov 2016 - 2.0: Updated for latest IPC dive pools. Allows creation of BPA, IPC and USPA draws.
- 20th Feb 2014 - 1.2: Fix printing and print preview issues.
- 24th July 2013 - 1.1: Fix image for second inter in VFS block 16.
- 22nd Jan 2012 - 1.0: Replace VFS draws with latest colour drawings and updated formations. Update to support USPA and BPA style draws.
- 15th Jan 2012 - 0.9: Enable printing for MacOS X.
- 07 March 2011 - 0.8: Fix for 2011 4 way blocks 1 & 13. Fix printing.
- 07 July 2009 - 0.7: Fix zooming in main window and print preview. Minor speed improvement. Move copyright notice.
- 02 Oct 2008 - 0.6: Improved rendering speed, better printing support, added print preview.
- 30 Sep 2008 - 0.5: First public release.
If you find DrawGen useful, do feel free to donate!